“Creativity is nothing more than intelligence that is having fun.”
As part of the Italian Quantum Weeks, in collaboration with the World Quantum Day, the Quantum Creativity contest “Suggestioni Quantistiche” is announced. The aim of the contest is the realization of a creative project “Quantum Inspired”, that is inspired by Quantum Mechanics in its broadest sense.
Participation is open to people from any part of the World, individually or in groups.
The participation of students and schools is particularly encouraged.
Original works of a creative or artistic nature may be submitted such as:
- Texts (poems, short stories, plays, reports, research, …).
- Graphic products (drawings, comics, cartoons, posters, illustrations, photographs, …).
- Videos (theatrical scenes, dance, performance art, demonstrations, experiments, interviews, music videos, …).
- Audio (songs, musical excerpts, readings, …).
- Multimedia (presentations, animations, …).
- Programs (software, apps, …).
- Objects (board games, demonstrators and prototypes, design objects, etc.).
Different aspects of Quantum Mechanics (QM) can be of inspiration, observed from even very different points of view, for example:
- QM as a physical theory that explains phenomena and laws of nature at the level of molecules, atoms, and elementary particles.
- The adventurous history of QM and its discovery.
- Stories of women and men who founded QM.
- Chemistry, biology, cosmology and more: how QM helps to understand reality at different levels.
- LEDs, transistors, microelectronics, photovoltaic cells…: applications of QM in the world around us.
- Understanding the deep sense of QM and its interpretation.
- The second quantum revolution: information, quantum computing, teleportation, etc.
- Technology, work, economy, society: how the second quantum revolution is changing our world.
- The QM in the media and in the collective imagination: from “teleportation” to “multiverse”.
- The “Quantum” fashion: misconceptions, misuses, distortions, frauds and misinformation about QM.
- Games that use QM.
- QM and music.
The contest is divided into two phases. The first phase will be organized at the local level. The winners of the first phase will then participate in a second phase at the national level. These are the main dates of the contest:
- May 31, 2022 deadline for delivery of participating projects
- September 30, 2022 awarding of local winners
- April 14, 2023 awarding of national winners
How to Participate
To participate you have to:
- pre-register on the site www.quantumweeks.it; 2)
- upload your project on the dedicated page of the site www.quantumweeks.it by May 31, 2022.
It will be possible to attach (only in digital format) all the material you consider necessary to present your project, such as images, video, audio.
Any physical objects (prototypes, sculptures, devices, board games, etc.) do not have to be sent but can be described through videos and images. Submissions may be requested at a later date.
All material must be clear, comprehensive and concise.
If people’s faces are visible in photos and videos, a release form must be completed for each person.
Projects will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- “Quantum Inspiration”: the project must be clearly inspired by the “quantum” world and its various themes.
- Ability to narrate: the project effectively tells the “quantum” theme and its aspects.
- Involvement: the project communicates in a fascinating, suggestive, funny way.
- Scientific correctness: the project deals with the topics in a correct way; “freedom” and “artistic licenses” are allowed, but must be justified in a separate note.
- Originality: the project shows aspects of originality, or combines known elements in an original way.
- Quality of product: the project is polished even if not necessarily professional.
The winners of the local selection will be awarded during outreach events such as the Researchers’ Night held at the various locations.
The winners of the national selection will be awarded during a national event to be held on April 14, 2023 in conjunction with World Quantum Day.
The best entries from the 2022 and 2023 editions of the competition will be displayed in a national exhibition in 2024. Criteri di valutazione
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org